Before attending a Kingcom workshop with a class, we expect the teachers responsible to complete the following steps in preparation:
- Read the glossary, especially the explanations regarding a 'research assignment'.
- Devote one lesson of teaching to putting students into groups of three, with each group choosing a research assignment prepared by the museum, or drafting one of their own. Caution: the groups and the relevant research assignments must be registered at the latest five days before the workshop. To this end, after registration, you will receive a personal login.
- Take note of the details on data protection. Inform parents and legal guardians in good time and obtain their prior consent for the potential publication of photos, videos and sound recordings. You will find a sample text of an e-mail to parents and legal guardians below.
- Organise the journey to the museum and food and drink for lunch. You will find a check list below.
We are happy to support you with your preparation, and can also advise you in person:
Museum of Communication, Monika Gurtner, Laszlo Fisli or Gallus Staubli, tel. 031 357 55 19
The FAQs of the museum clarify the most important organisational issues.
· CHF 170.00 per class, with a maximum of 24 learners per class (Cycles 2, 3 and Secondary level 2 with school discount); entrance is free
· CHF 400.00 per group, with a maximum of 20 people per group (students at teacher-training institutions, teaching staff); entrance is free
· CHF 400.00 per group, with a maximum of 20 people per group plus CHF 10.00 entrance per person (interested people who do not belong to one of the two categories above)
· Amended bookings and cancellations up to five working days before the date of the workshop incur a charge of CHF 50.00. After this time, the full amount will be invoiced.
· Payable on invoice after the event or in cash at the reception at the museum.
At least 14 days in advance, using the registration form below.
Tuesday to Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (one hour lunch break from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
The museum is closed on Mondays.