Investigate what happens between two people when they meet for the first time. How does affection or rejection occur? How does our background affect our behaviour?
What it’s all about
· Cultural differences in communicative behaviour
· Languages and dialects as connectors or differentiators
· Forms of greeting as an expression of lifestyle and belonging
· Education and the effect of prejudices and stereotypes
· Patterns of behaviour in getting to know someone and flirting
· Exploring the exhibition
· Conducting research into cultural differences in communication
· Surveying people from a different cultural background
· Setting up typical greetings situations
· Recreating typical types of behaviour when flirting
· Recording interviews
· Documenting with photos
In the museum
LABOR (GROUND FLOOR)
LABOR (GROUND FLOOR) Who do I communicate with?
· Who greets whom in what way?
· Culture aids communication
· Here’s looking at you, kid!
· Do you speak Schwyzerdütsch?
LABOR (GROUND FLOOR) Why do I communicate?
· Who’s with whom?
LABOR (GROUND FLOOR) What skills do I need?
· The basics of living together
· Style talks